Decklink Studio 4K
Price:£449.00 +VAT (£538.80 Inc. VAT at 20%)
Total Price: ( Including VAT at 20%)
This card has just about every video connection you need - SDI, composite, component, SVIDEO and HDMI. The next card in the Blackmagic range, the Decklink 4K Extreme has the same kinds of connections, and supports the same resolutions although with one important difference. The 4K Extreme can output UHD @ 50/60P where are the Studio 4K is limited to 25/30P.
The 4K Extreme also supports dual SDI output and input and full 3D output. Another important distinction is that the 4K has XLR audio connectors on its breakout cable where as the Decklink Studio 4K has jack plug connectors. Both the 4K Extreme and the Studio 4K are 4 lane PCIe cards so you need to make sure you have a free 4x slot in your computer and make sure it does not conflict with other devices.
A slight issue
We have noticed that some 4K screens, connected via HDMI, do not work with the Studio 4K but do work with other Blackmagic devices. The only problems we have had are when we have used 4K computer monitors, with an HDMI input with the Studio 4K. We have not had a problem using us a proper video monitor with the Studio 4K.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Avid Media Composer V7 & 8 - This card has been working well with Avid Media Composer.
- Sony Vegas Pro - Officially only Sony Vegas Pro 9 is supported by Blackmagic; Sony have written support for Vegas 10, 11, 12 & 13. Does not support 4K output in Vegas Pro 12 or 13 currently.
- Apple Final Cut Pro 7 and Final Cut Pro X (Mac only)
- Grass Valley EDIUS 7 & 8- with EDIUS 8 Grass Valley support the version 10 drivers for the Blackmagic devices which are the only ones you can use with the Studio 4K. EDIUS 7 works with the version 10 drivers but is not officially supported by Grass Valley.
Connect to Anything
DeckLink Studio includes highest quality 10 bit SDI video combined with enhanced analogue connections to support a massive range of video equipment. DeckLink Studio includes fully independent connections for SDI, analogue component, S-Video and composite video. Both the SDI and analogue component connections auto switch between SD and HD, plus there's an extra SD SDI output via a built in hardware down converter for when you're working in HD. When you're working in NTSC and PAL, you can use the SD-SDI output as a key output! Also included are a massive number of audio connections, with 4 channels of balanced analogue audio, 8 channels of SDI audio plus 2 channels of AES/EBU digital with sample rate converters. For a broadcast strength solution, DeckLink Studio also has RS-422 deck control and blackburst and tri-sync reference input.
Now you can capture and playback to the widest range of equipment, such as HDCAM, HD-D5, HDCAM SR 4:2:2, Betacam SP, Digital Betacam, HD receivers, HDV cameras, televisions, VHS recorders, analogue broadcast monitors, mixers and many more!
NB: the audio output is via tack plugs, which can be converted to XLR Audio with the right adaptors. If you want XLR audio connectors then order the Decklink 4K Extreme
Built in SD Keyer!
When working in standard definition, DeckLink Studio includes a high quality digital internal keyer that lets you key RGBA images over the video input. That's a total keying solution built right into DeckLink Studio. The built in keyer works great when used with Blackmagic Design's included Photoshop plug-ins, or even with RGBA animated video software for keying. If you want to perform keying externally, such as an external video mixer, then just select external key and DeckLink Studio will output the key channel on the SD-SDI output, with the fill channel on the main SD/HD-SDI output.
Mac OS, Windows and Linux
DeckLink cards are fully compatible with Mac OS X™, Windows™ and now Linux™! The new Media Express 2.0 is included, so you can capture and playback DPX, DVI and QuickTime media all platforms with full compatibility! Perfect for 3D graphics work or use our Linux™ SDK to develop your own solutions.
- SDI Video Input - 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports 6 Gb/s 4:2:2 and 3 Gb/s 4:4:4 - SDI
- Video Output - 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports 6 Gb/s 4:2:2 and 3 Gb/s 4:4:4
- Analogue Video Input - 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs, 1 x Composite, 1 x S-Video. Component supports HD and SD. -
- Analogue Video Output - 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs, 1 x Composite, 1 x S-Video, 1 x SD-SDI. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input - 1 x HDMI type A connector
- HDMI Video Output - 1 x HDMI type A connector
- Analogue Audio Input - 4 Channels of professional balanced analogue audio via 1/4" jack connectors.
- Analogue Audio Output - 4 Channels of professional balanced analogue audio via 1/4" jack connectors. Channels 3 & 4 can switch to AES/EBU outputs.
- AES/EBU Audio Input - 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- AES/EBU Audio Output - 2 Channels unbalanced. Analogue outputs 3 and 4 can switch to AES/EBU outputs for audio 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 output. This provides a total of 6 AES/EBU output audio channels when using this feature. - SDI Audio Input - 16 Channels embedded in HD/2K/4K. 8 Channels embedded in SD.SDI
- Audio Output - 16 Channels embedded in HD/2K/4K. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- HDMI Audio Input - 8 Channels embedded in SD, HD, 4K.
- HDMI Audio Output - 8 Channels embedded in SD, HD, 4K
- Sync Input - Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD, 2K or 4K format.
- Device Control - Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4,8 and 16 lane PCIe Slots.
Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey for MAC OSX, Windows 7 & Windows 8 and Linux
- SD Format Support - 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC.
- HD Format Support - 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
- 2K Format Support - 2048 x 1080p23.98, 2048 x 1080p24, 2048 x 1080p25.
- 4K Format Support - 3840x2160p23.98, 3840x2160p24, 3840x2160p25, 3840x2160p29.97, 3840x2160p30, 4096x2160p23.98, 4096x2160p24, 4096x2160p25
- SDI Compliance - SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Metadata Support - VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling - Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz at 24 bit.
- Video Sampling - 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 (4K is 4:2:2)
- Color Precision - 10-bit
- Color Space - REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Configuration - HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
- HDMI Resolution - Pixel for pixel up to 4K resolutions.
- HDMI Color Precision - 8-bit RGB, 10-bit YUV
- Multiple Rate support - HDMI and SDI video connections are switchable between SD/HD/2K and UHD. Component analogue video connections are switchable between SD and HD.
- Copy Protection - HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content. -
- Colorspace Conversion - Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion - Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs HD-SDI on SDI output, SD on SD-SDI, Composite and S-Video outputs when working in HD video formats on playback. Switch analogue video to Component and choose HD or SD output. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
- HD Up Conversion - Built in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on playback. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 pillarbox and 16:9 zoom. HD outputs via HD-SDI, HDMI and component analogue.
- Cross Conversion - Built-in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD and 1080HD to 720HD on playback.